Safety is our top priority
At Trellis Chino, we’re taking additional precautions to protect our patients and team members from COVID-19. Our infection prevention team coordinates closely with local, state, and federal agencies to help ensure compliance with safety standards which include the following:
COVID-19 VaccinesAll team members without medical or religious exemptions are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
In-Person VisitationOur in-person visitation guidelines are designed to meet local, state, and federal regulations while helping you stay connected to your loved ones.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)PPE such as N95 masks, surgical masks, gloves, and gowns are used as prescribed by infection control guidelines.
Daily Wellness ChecksTeam members are screened daily for respiratory symptoms and fever.
Handwashing and HygieneTeam members must follow stringent handwashing and hygiene protocols.
Social DistancingTeam members practice social distancing guidelines whenever possible.
COVID-19 TestingTeam members and patients are tested in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
Cleaning & DisinfectingWe’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the facility.
Resident and Staff Status
The information below is updated regularly to help ensure residents, family, and the community are kept up to date on our current COVID-19 status. In the event of a positive case, we protect our healthy residents and team members by immediately isolating residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. In addition, team members with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are directed to stay at home until they are fully recovered.
*Does not include cases that originated outside of the facility. For additional COVID-19 data, please visit data.cms.gov.
What is your visitation policy?
At Trellis Chino, we believe that family and friends play a critical role in our residents’ emotional and physical well-being. Click here for the most current, detailed information regarding available visitation options.
Are residents and resident representatives notified if a resident or staff member contracts COVID-19?
Yes, to help ensure transparency, it is our policy to notify residents and resident representatives by 5:00 pm the next calendar day after the occurrence of a single confirmed infection of COVID-19, or three or more residents or staff with new-onset of respiratory symptoms that occur within 72 hours. If you are not listed as a resident representative on the medical record and would like to be, please contact our social services team.
How is Trellis Chino protecting patients and staff from COVID-19 and other infectious disease?
The team at Trellis Chino is highly trained and experienced in caring for high-acuity patients and infectious diseases similar to COVID-19. We are currently coordinating closely with county, state, and federal agencies while implementing new infection control protocols.
Below are several of the infection control measures we have implemented to prevent the spread of infections:
- All team members without medical or religious exemptions are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Team members are screened daily upon entry per guidelines from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The screening includes a questionnaire and a temperature check taken before direct resident contact.
- Team members use personal protective equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks, surgical masks, gloves, and gowns as prescribed by local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Team members have been trained on the most current guidance from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Infection prevention signage is posted at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- Essential personnel are monitored to ensure compliance with handwashing, PPE, and social distancing guidelines.
- Residents are provided up-to-date education on the COVID-19 guidelines and all mandated restrictions imposed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Residents are monitored regularly for fever and respiratory symptoms.
What must essential personnel do to keep patients safe?
Essential personnel must follow the following precautions:
- Ensure you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before visiting
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as facemasks, as prescribed by the facility
- Clean your hands upon arrival and after leaving
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Clean your hands after coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
Are you accepting personal protective equipment (PPE) donations?
Yes, we are currently accepting new/unused PPE such as disposable face masks of all kinds, N95 masks, face shields, and disposable or reusable isolation gowns. If you are a local business or individual and have access to any of these items, please give us a call.
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new respiratory disease spreading globally with instances of COVID-19 throughout the United States. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Who is at higher risk?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease are most at risk for getting very sick from this illness.
What is the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
According to the CDC, you can protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by getting the COVID-19 vaccine, washing your hands often, avoiding close contact with those who are sick and those outside of your household, covering your mouth and nose with a mask when around others, covering coughs and sneezes, cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily, and by monitoring your health daily. Please visit this webpage for additional information.
Where can I find additional information?
Please visit CDC.gov for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Get in touch
Front Desk Phone
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6 pm
Weekends: 9 am – 6 pm
24/7 Admission Support
Tel: (909) 465-0246
Fax: (909) 789-0977
5454 Walnut Ave
Chino, CA 91710
Directions & Map